Tell Senator Toomey about ECE
Release Date: September 28, 2011
Senator Toomey needs to know that
OUR CHILDREN ARE PENNSYLVANIA’S PROMISE!
Our US Senator from Pennsylvania, Senator Toomey, is one of twelve federal legislators selected to sit on the Joint Committee on Deficit Reduction—the Super Committee—charged with coming up with nearly $1.2 trillion in cuts over the decade as part of the debt ceiling deal. It’s an important role, and he’s new to the job—two great reasons for letting him know about the importance of early childhood education. Let’s shower him with messages from children, parents and teachers this October as we celebrate PA Promise Month.
- Use these templates or let your creativity run wild in creating messages from children, parents and staff to help Senator Toomey understand what early childhood looks like in Pennsylvania and why it’s so important.
- Be sure to include contact information on each message or piece of artwork.
- Tally the number of messages you send, so we can get a total for the state.
- Send your packet of messages to Senator Toomey’s nearest district office (see the list below).
- If possible, make copies that can be delivered to his DC office during the NAEYC Public Policy Forum in the winter.
Senator Toomey’s District Offices:
Contact your local AEYC leadership or:
Pamela Haines, DVAEYC, email@example.com, or 215-893-0130x228
Michelle Figlar, PAEYC, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 412-421-3889