Advocate Tool Box
Interested in getting involved in ECE policy issues? Not sure where to begin?
Take a look at DVAEYC’s advocacy resources to discover quick and easy ways to get involved, including locating and communicating with your legislators, educating your community, and engaging caregivers about the importance of quality early childhood education and care.
Pre-K for PA Campaign
- Philadelphia ECE and Pre-K Primary Election Handout [PDF]
- Reports and maps on child care quality and access in Philadelphia
- ECE and School Outcomes in grades K-12 [PDF]
Learn About Your Legislators
Build Connections with Your Legislator
- Visiting Your Legislator
- Planning a Visit for Legislators to Child Care Centers
- Adopt-a-Legislator Overview
- Adopt-a-Legislator Activities
- Adopt-a-Legislator Letter
- Adopt-a-Legislator Certificate
Resources for Effective Organizing
- Tips for Working with the Media
- Five Minute Table
- Worthy Wage Dolls and “Walk-a-Mile” Shoes
- Best Practices Salary Scale
- Parent Checklist for Quality ECE
Contact Pamela Haines for more information.
Sign up for Advocacy Newsletter
Tell us your success story